Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wow look at the pretty leaves! :)


Wow look at the pretty leaves! :)







         You probably know that the leaves outside are changing but do you know why? No, well your in luck because due to my science class I know and I'm going to teach you. The leaves are actually these colors all the time but they have a chemical in it called chlorophyll that is very green, so it covers the colors up. Every plant needs this along with sun and soil to make food to survive. But in the winter the days get shorter and there is less sunlight, so the plant goes into a hibernation mode and loses its leaves to survive.  

       So we can't only talk about 1 season. We can't be selfish and leave the other seasons out. There are winter, summer, autumn and spring.The world is split in half, in two hemispheres. The northern and southern hemisphere, they are cut in half by the equator. Since they are at two different sides of the world their seasons occur at different times. Seasons occur due to the earth tilt. Get it? Well here is a picture to help you understand the way it works.



          Hey so if you guys live somewhere where there is winter do you like it? Why I ask about this season is because it is my favorite because I love the cold. Snow is also AMAZING in my opinion. Tell me about your favorite season in coments or blogs. :) Well I hope you learned something and next time when people ask you why the leaves are changing you won't have to say because the seasons are. Have a GREAT day! 

AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE :)


Click here for a little more info about seasons.
Click here for a little more info about autumn leaves
Click here for more info on the hemisphere's seasons
Click here for seasons and a quiz :)

Another reason of why I love the seasons is they are beautiful, here let me show you,this is winter:

This is spring:

This is fall or autumn:
This is summer:

;)

6 comments:

  1. Nice Job Biscuit! MUY BIEN! It could have been a little longer but great info :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good Biscuit. There's nothing to criticize so my job here is pretty much done. Information (CHECK), pictures (CHECK), and personality (CHECK). GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks luv u all! :) P.S my b-days tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love the pictures at the end; they were beautiful. The information is amazing, and if I didn't know this already, I would've definitely learned something here. It absolutely had your personality as well, and we all love that personality! Keep it up, Rylie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Leaf out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG RYLER.
    That was fudgin awesome :)
    U did great on everything!
    No bad things to say, just good ones.
    I like how you pute your personality in, and how you asked us what our fave season is [mine is fall or spring]. And it had ryler in it, whihc means u had gr8 personality. your pics were sooo pretty. oh and one more thing.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEEANGER:) :) HAPPY HAPPY BDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and by the way.... the winter picture, the snow looks sooo cool!!!

    ReplyDelete